Stripped chicken with lemon & garlic.
A low-carb meal that’s bursting with flavour. The lemon & garlic is a winning combination with chicken and this dish is proof. Add more or less chilli depending on your preference. A perfect dish for a hot summer evening. Works well with a side salad, vegetables or a filling to a burrito.
- A handful of cashew nuts
- 4 Tbs butter
- ±450g chicken, stripped
- 2 big pinches of Molden salt
- 2 tsp black pepper, fresh cracked
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup sliced garlic
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- In a large, heavy pan toast the cashew nuts until brown in a few places. Remove the nuts.
- Heat butter until it melts on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper while cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan with wine or stock, let cook down – about 2 minutes. Be sure to scrape all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and the stock has mostly cooked off – another 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Adthe chilli, cashew nuts and coriander, stir.
- Add back chicken to pan, toss well to coat in sauce.
- Continue to heat for 1-2 minutes until chicken has absorbed a bit of the sauce.
- Serve hot.